INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We collect different information from you depending upon how you use Frompo as described below.
When you use Frompo, we may collect the following information fields from you: IP Address, your browser user agent string (a user agent string is the automatic information sent to us by your browser so we may properly format Frompo.com for your device and browser type), date and time of your login, any third party websites that referred you to us and social media websites. When you search, we collect your search queries organized into sessions that last up to four hours. If you select any websites from your search results, we will collect click tracking data, which is used to compensate us when we drive traffic to other websites and to help us improve our search engine – we do not use this data for marketing purposes. We may also need to verify your birth date to ensure that we are not collecting information in violation of the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act; we will discard your birth date once we have verified your age.
HOW WE MINIMIZE DATA STORED ABOUT YOU
To enhance user privacy, within 48 hours of your visit to our website; we will erase from our visit logs your entire IP address and the browser user agent string. However, our vendors may keep your IP Address, user agent string and isolated search strings from you for longer, but they are instructed to keep this data secure.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Search engines, by their very nature, must use information provided by you to deliver research results. Like other search engines, our website requires sharing a minimum amount of information to function as a search engine. But, we also permit you to crowd source your searches (solicit input from others to enhance your web research). The 'social' element to Frompo requires us to use information in additional ways to provide the enhanced collaborative functionality. Below, we fully describe how we use
information provided to us so that you can make the decision of whether or not to use our website and its enhanced functionalities.
Information Forwarded by Us to Improve Your Web Search Functionality: Frompo may share information regarding your website search, which is not personally identifiable to you, in order to enhance your search results. For example, we may forward your search queries to one of our vendors to check for misspellings (i.e., "Grand Canyo" may generate a did-you-mean reply of "Grand Canyon") or additional search terms that could provide more relevant search results. We also might forward your search query to one of our vendors to acquire supplemental results.
Information Forwarded by Us to Provide Keyword Search Advertising: Frompo provides its search services and web-based tools on the web to you for free.We are able to sustain our free web-based content through advertising revenue. All of our advertising partners require that we send them your IP Address, user agent string as well as search keywords in order to deliver search keyword advertising to you. If you do not want us to forward your personal information for advertising purposes, you can opt-out of this sharing by selecting our "No Ads" preference, as described below. Further, Frompo will forward your DoNotTrack browser settings, if you are using a browser that has DoNotTrack header functionality.
To Improve Our Website: Any of the information we collect, as described above, may be used for the following purposes: to improve our services and products; to develop new services; to ensure and improve the technical functionality of our website and network; to protect your rights, Frompo's rights and the rights of other Frompo users; and to assist Frompo in providing you with services.
YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES
Frompo's website offers you options to set preferences that enhance privacy:
- No Facebook: This feature disables all of Frompo's integration with Facebook.
- No Ads: This feature disables display of all ads on Frompo.com. Also, Frompo will not send any information identifiable to you (such as, IP Address, user agent string and search keywords) to a third party for advertising or marketing purposes.
- Always Use HTTPS on Frompo.com: This feature helps make communications on Frompo.com more secure and private, for example making it more difficult for other users to view your Frompo.com activity on an unsecured wireless network.
- HTTPS Preferred®: This feature helps make links to search results on Frompo.com more secure. If you have this option selected, and if Frompo has determined that the link you are visiting has an https equivalent, Frompo will link to the https version of the website. This makes it more difficult for other users to view your network activity on an unsecured wireles network.
- SuperPrivacy® Frompo already has built-in controls to manage personally identifiable data, for example, we delete all IP Addresses within 48 hours of use. This setting goes one step further by helping you manage aggregate and/or anonymous information that may be disclosed regarding your activities on Frompo.com. This setting prevents click tracking data from being collected by Frompo.com and ensures that no session information is kept regarding your activities on Frompo.com. This setting also activates all of the above settings.
Please be advised that all Frompo preferences mentioned above operate via browser-based cookies. If you delete Frompo cookies regarding your privacy , your web browser will not be able to put your privacy preferences into effect.
OTHER ITEMS OF WHICH YOU SHOULD BE AWARE
Children: The Frompo website is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children younger than thirteen years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen.
In certain circumstances, Frompo may release the information it collects for the following purposes:
- to respond to your requests for information (by us, our vendors or corporate affiliates);
- to process, bill and ship any of your purchases;
- to respond to court orders, subpoenas, or other legal process, or to help Frompo in establishing or exercising its legal rights or defend itself against legal claims
- to investigate, prevent or take action with regard to illegal activity, suspected fraud, potential threat to the physical safety of any individual, violations of the Frompo Terms of Service or as otherwise required by law;
- to investigate or take action with respect to any circumstance that could expose Frompo to liability; and